Freddie and Brian on stage during Queen’s tour in USA, 1977.
Photo by Richard E. Aron
you ever see a thing that just makes you cackle? x
A beauty to behold: Dried Pineapple Flowers
Yes, again and again. This is the best way (for me) to use up the bundles of small pineapples that are about to become overripe, prolonging the beautiful look and taste of a pineapple for much, much longer and never allowing any fruit to go to waste, whilst making an absolutey delicious and entirely natural snack that’s versatile and usable for decoration in any dessert when not enjoyed on its own. Also, I think my mother wanted to try out our old (but recently rediscovered) dehydrater - but using an oven for is fine! This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart’s “Cupcakes”.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees farenheit (if you have a dehydrater obviously skip this step), and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking paper
- Using a small knife or a melon baller, remove the pineapple “eyes” and using a sharp knife, slice the pineapple crosswise into very thin slices (as shown above)
- Place the slices onto the baking sheets and bake the tops for around 30 minutes - flip the sides and then bake for another 30 minutes unti they’re completely dry (if they’re not yet just add 5 more minutes). If using a dehydrater, simply put them in the dehydrater and wait until the pineapple slices look dry.
- Once you take them out, pinch the centre of the pineapple slices to form a small cone and then place them in the centre of a muffin tin to cool so that they form a flower shape.
- Once cooled, you can store them stacked up in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature, and even longer refrigerated!The fruit jellies in the centre of the pineapples can simply be made by stewing strawberries or passionfruit until they become jam-like, adding pectin and then pouring the mixture into ice cube holders and leaving them in the freezer overnight!
nothing else on the internet describes how I feel these days more than this.
That poem that’s been floating around where the guy with OCD tells about his relationship that ended makes me so uncomfortable because people laud it was this beautiful thing but all he is saying is that his feelings outweigh her needs. She never owed him love and he acts like because she used to find his mental illness endearing (which is also bad) that she now can only be with him.
I feel icky every time it comes up on my dash.